Paris Houk 9 years old

Paris Houk 9 years old

Paris 8 years old

Paris 8 years old

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 6 in the hospital

 Yesterday was mostly the same. Except, I, Dr.Houk, wanted to see if we could just place the G-Tube in and avoid the  tube which gets replaced in a few weeks by the G- tube. So I convinced the GI doctor to get the pediatric surgeons on her team. I made it past the first resident doctor only. The second resident came down with the news of " nice try". My theory is one tube is less painful than 2. Their theory is, the first tube forms a track and prepares her stomach for the next tube. They also said that procedures that are safer and less invasive are better for Paris. I'm not completely convinced because I know from experience that this has been done. They said that some doctors will do this but this one will not. I was out numbered and my case was dropped. The funny part is when they decided to call her main GI doctor Dr.Damico which had no clue this was all going on and had already planned on doing Paris procedure on Wednesday.  He was not amused. I'm pretty sure I had completely spun up the rest of the day. I moved on. They sent in a few new people today first was a speech pathologist. I'm still not sure why. Next came the Psychologist, who had not a clue about Paris condition. He said he read her report but when I asked him a few questions I realized he had not. So he was there to figure out why Paris does not want to eat but had no clue she was missing most her intestines.  Tochee, Dr.Damico!! I get it. My mother is a therapist and I do know a thing about them. First and formost never say anything you do not want analyzed. Second everything you say will be analyzed for future analyzing. So NEVER talk about anything except the weather and your good.  I'll be making a sign for Paris door tomorrow for all new doctors and therapist   "WARNING!!! Read Paris report before entering her room or deal with tired,hungry,frustrated MOM"
Paris' had an ultrasound and and upper GI done today. She hanging in strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment